Hide IP Platinum

iqs 15:03 28 Jul 07

Hello All,

After many months of possible attacks against my PC,so my Firewall stated,I have just purchased Hide IP Platinium.

With the software running am I now completely invisable on the web?.Can I still be traced/located/identified or attcked?.

According to the faqs supplied the answer is yes.But you never know.Your help is appreciated.Many thanks :-)

brundle 15:26 28 Jul 07

You need to verify what constitutes an `attack` according to your firewall, if it relates to IP scans these are routinely done by your ISP for example. From what I've heard HideIP isn't much cop.
Better to spend a few quid on a router and let its hardware firewall deal with things.

Technotiger 15:26 28 Jul 07

You can check your own PC's invisibility or otherwise by going to click here and run the Shields Up full test, does not take long.

SANTOS7 15:29 28 Jul 07

click here

the chances are pretty slim, if you follow some simple rules you will generally be OK.
there are some guidelines in the link and some useful progs to try (most of which are free)

iqs 15:44 28 Jul 07

brundle,Technotiger and SANTOS7 for all your comments.

I have run the Shields Up test,no vulnerabilities were detected.Good so far.It reassures me that my Firewall is up to the job.

But will Hide IP stop others from identifying me,my IP,what web sites I view etc?.Cheers all

Technotiger 15:46 28 Jul 07

If Shields Up says you invisible, then you are!

iqs 15:46 28 Jul 07

the words ,and thanks for all your comments :-(

iqs 18:16 28 Jul 07

Technotider for your help

iqs 18:17 28 Jul 07

Technotiger for your help..

Technotiger 19:03 28 Jul 07

Cheers

bremner 19:18 28 Jul 07

Sorry but you can not be invisible on the web otherwise you would not be able to view any web pages.

You send your request to say, PCA, for their webpage to be uploaded to your computer, along with that request is your IP address so that the pages can be routed back your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009