Hide Desktop Icons

h04x 11:22 10 Jul 03

i am running win2k and think that the desktop icons make it look cluttered, my friend is in a similar situation but he has his hidden, he cant remember how he done it, but seems to remember it was something to do with the registry, i was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me how to hide the icons "My Computer", "Recycle Bin" and "My Network Places", i have tried using programs to hide them but they have caused problems and when the desktop is refreshed they appear again, any help is allways much appreciated, thanks, h04x

Magik ®© 11:34 10 Jul 03

start,settings, taskbar and start menu and click "auto hide"

h04x 11:37 10 Jul 03

this just hide the start menu, i want to try and hide the desktop icons, it is easily done on xp as they jus delete, but i cant seem to get it on win 2k

Young Ranger 11:44 10 Jul 03

Right click on the desk top, click "Active Desktop, click "show Desk Top Icons" and hey presto!

h04x 11:48 10 Jul 03

i cant seem to get the option to "show desktop icons" when i go to active desktop, i can only get the options "customize my desktop", "new Desktop Item" and "show web content" i tried the "Customize Desktop" but it doesnt have anything to do with icons

h04x 12:09 10 Jul 03

i have jus managed to do this, it was a little complicated, but have managed it, for anyone who plans to do it, you can find it at click here

at the bottom, it is very good but the "show desktop" icon in quick launch comes up with an error when i click it, ah well, guess lifes a trade off, lol, thanks for the help anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…