Hidden programmes on start menu

carper 10:00 17 Mar 04

About a week ago someone posted a good list of hidden programmes. I thought I had copied it but I fouled up somewhere. Could someone repeat it. It doesn't appear in search. Thanks

JerryJay 10:17 17 Mar 04

You can delete it from start menu. It is just a link, not program itself. When you want to run it, use "My Computer" or "Explorer" (this is file explorer, not IE), go to directory find the program file, double click to run it. Better than install another program for this.

If your PC has multiple user account, you do not want other to see your program in start menu. Use "My Computer" or "Explorer" again, go to directory "Documents and Settings", you can find directory "All Users" (so do directory for other user accounts), find items you want to hide in "Start Menu", cut them and then Paste them to Start menu under your account directory.

anon1 10:19 17 Mar 04

Have you tried lookin in the forum archives of "about a week ago"

anon1 10:21 17 Mar 04

or did you mean this one click here
If you replied to the original post you could also look in "view your posting"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…