Hidden partition recovery

prince midas 12:18 02 Nov 08

I am in the process of adding programs to a friends new Toshiba Laptop which on checking as 16GB of files on it.
This appears to me to be a lot considering it is a new Vista PC and as very few programs on it, explorer tells me it as 16GB.

Normaly I would expect about 6GB on an XP new PC.

On reading its spec for this Toshiba it says it as a hidden recovery partition but I cannot see it.The partions are set at C and E with D missing which again seems strange. When I did an Acronis Image backup it altered the Disk partions to C ,with D for the External Backup Drive and E. Does this give any clues.

Technotiger 12:26 02 Nov 08

I think you press F10 to see the hidden recovery partition.

Technotiger 12:29 02 Nov 08

Toshiba User Guides here if that is any help ... click here

prince midas 16:32 02 Nov 08

I will have to check my friends computor model next time before I look at user guide,thanks for now.

Switcher 22:17 02 Nov 08

Try Aministrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management The partition should be shown there without a drive letter. If so right click on it and select change drive letter and pah and assign it a letter.

woodchip 22:26 02 Nov 08

If the Partitions are changed be Acronis or other, the Restore will no longer work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced