hidden partition

sinbad1 20:59 20 Nov 04

I have an imesh computer that came with pre installed window on a hidden partition.
Recently i partitioned my hard drive using patition magic creating three patitions o/s,data, and backup, doing this has corrupted the hidden partition.
All i have is a restore floppy, i am reluctant to use the restore as i would have the pain of installing software ,driver etc. does anyone know how i can repair the hidden partition?

thanks

stalion 21:11 20 Nov 04

how do you know the hidden partition is corrupted?.Also do you have a xp cd or is the partition an oem version of windows to restore to factory settings?

sinbad1 21:25 20 Nov 04

bundled program with the comp is a smart restore which allows you to reinstall certain programs, this no loger works and gives errors, asking for a disc, see click here
partition magic causes currupt and damaged hidden files so they say.

having a preinstalled system has been nothing but a pain!

stalion 21:42 20 Nov 04

I do not know of any way you can repair the hidden partition looks like a reinstall unless anyone else has a solution
Regards

sinbad1 21:53 20 Nov 04

thanks for your input, comp works fine apart from the fact i may not be able to reinstall if i need to. i can get installation discs from packard bell but think i will delete the partition and buy xp home disc if i can't sort it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch