Hibernation Problems

bruno 21:36 07 May 05

The hibernate feature on my XP Pro has stopped working.I have set it up as I have done in the past when it worked fine.Also what is an advised sequence of powering down the hard drive and monitor?

bruno 11:06 08 May 05

k

Stuartli 11:15 08 May 05

Try resetting the configuration again including saving the required settings for HDD etc and then selecting Hibernate when Power Button is Pressed from Control Panel>Power Options>General and Hibernate tabs.

Stuartli 11:17 08 May 05

Also select Never for HDD, Standby and Hibernate from the General tab so that the Hibernate settings apply; I have the monitor set at 20 minutes to power down.

bruno 14:58 08 May 05

Thanks for that Stuartli,I have done what you suggest.I will see what happens now.

bruno 09:21 09 May 05

Does not matter which combination of settings I use,it will not hibernate.

Stuartli 11:04 09 May 05

The monitor should always be powered down first, otherwise it will not receive the necessary information from the HDD.

I had a similar problem to you with XP Pro but it was because I have a six-year-old Elite mobo - it supports APCI but was one that needed an XP Pro repair to allow Hibernate to work.

It involves selecting F5 instead of F6 at the point where you are asked if a Raid setup is required; after selecting F5 you then choose PC with APCI support from the drop down menu and carry on.

The tip was originally given in a PC Adviser issue of about four to six months ago in the Help pages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5