hibernation/ display settings !!!

guyster 15:46 06 Jun 07

Bsically i,m using a windowsxp laptop, and download bit torrents overnight /during the day .The pc appears to be going into a state of hibernation if used for any length of time, thus stopping any downloading .I have had this issue previously but it stopped for awhile . A few nights ago i also watched the pc through the tv and feel this may have changed some of the pc settings . I have been through the display option on the control panel and adjusted to what I THINK are the corrrect settings, but the pc has done this again this afternoon.

Could anyone out there help please to explain exactly what settingsare required to stop thisannoying thing !

Many thanks
Steve Guy

Stuartli 15:48 06 Jun 07

Could be a screensaver kicking in.

Jackcoms 15:54 06 Jun 07

"The pc appears to be going into a state of hibernation"

Disable screen saver, hibernation and/or stand-by

guyster 16:19 06 Jun 07

thanks for the replies guys .. i never used a screensaver b4 today so its not that i dont think .. i,ve disabled the one on there now .. as for hibernation /stand- by are these the ones in the display settings under power ? f so both are now disabled - i,m set up under "battery - max " asthe laptop is almost always powered by plug in - and hasbeen before shutting down - any ideas ?

thanks
Steve

i,m certain it has somthing to do with setting up to watch on tv has i, had,nt had the problem for awhile and it only re -occuredafter using this
again

Also in settings under display i have 2 monitor options.. but when i hit the identify button the laptop is alwaysshown as 1 .. dawm thing !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now