Hibernate in XP Home

bruno 19:08 22 Jun 06

When I go to shut down my computer I get four icons appear.The left one is Hibernate.My daughter has the same O/S and she does not get this icon.I have been into power settings and enabled Hibernate but it still does not appear.I can't remember if I put it there,or if it was already on mine.Any ideas?

ade.h 19:26 22 Jun 06

The normal procedure is to hold the Shift key before selecting Standby. You'll see it change its icon.

rezeeg 19:34 22 Jun 06

Well there's a thing ade.h - never knew that. Thanks (and bruno for asking the question).

bruno 19:39 22 Jun 06

Thanks for that .I will try it when I go tomorrow.Does that add an icon ,giving four,or does it replace Standby?

rezeeg 19:49 22 Jun 06

bruno the name changes from Standby to Hibernate when you press the Shift button.

bruno 19:56 22 Jun 06

I know my question has been answered,I am just curious why I have Hibernate,Standby,Turn off and Restart.Thanks for the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…