hibernate

Ozy 10:46 AM 12 Feb 13

my friends desktop (win 7) when he clicks "shut down" hibernate is grayed out, I cannot remember how to activate it. someone remind me please

Woolwell 11:14 AM 12 Feb 13

Read this JD Roger's reply and below.

Peter 11:18 AM 12 Feb 13

Ozy,

I can't remember either, but I understand that you have to enable the hibernate feature to be able to use it.

Perhaps a Google of "How do I make my computer hibernate?" would throw up some appropriate information.

Peter.

Ozy 13:18 PM 13 Feb 13

run command prompt as administrator,type powercfg -h on, command prompt says, hibernation failed, an internal system component has disabled hibernation.

I have tried turning of windows firewall,no good, turning of antivirus, no good. I cannot think of another internal system component that it could be.

Woolwell 15:38 PM 13 Feb 13

Did you read all of my link? In particlar:

"In order to see the "Hibernate" option, "Hybrid sleep" must be turned off... Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings [+]Sleep [+]Allow hybrid sleep The power button can be set from the same Power Options control panel."

nickf 15:50 PM 13 Feb 13

Does your friend have an SSD fitted to his desktop ? If so , this may be what is causing this . Hibernation , like de-fragging , is not recommended for SSD`s .

Ozy 13:41 PM 14 Feb 13

I turned of hybrid sleep, still cannot get hibernate

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites