Hibernate

bruno 11:53 13 Jul 07

Hibernate

Before I reinstalled XP last week,on shutting down,I had four choices to make.Stand By,Hibernate,Turn Off,Restart.Now I have only three.Hibernate has gone.I know I can Hibernate by hovering my mouse on Standby and pressing Shift,but I was curious where and why it has gone.Anybody know?Mine was the only PC I have seen four choices on, among several I have looked at.It is XP Home on a Fuji Scaleo P.

HCOOH 12:04 13 Jul 07

The dll file MSGINA.dll has probably reverted to the default XP version. Some laptops had a newer version of this dll and together with a registry entry displayed the 4 buttons. I lifted this file off my laptop and with some trouble got the 4 buttons on my PC, however if you ever do a sfc/scannow it will probably revert as mine did. Frankly it's more trouble than it's worth as all you have to do is press shift.

bruno 12:20 13 Jul 07

I agree,it does sound like a lot of bother for a smal result.I just like to know these things.Thanks for the reply.

HCOOH 12:30 13 Jul 07

YVW

HCOOH 12:36 13 Jul 07

This is the registry entry if you want it \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Shutdown
Create a DWORD value named ShowHibernationButton and set its data to 1.

bruno 20:01 13 Jul 07

Thank you for that.I will give it a go.

bruno 20:10 13 Jul 07

Tried that but after I got to Windows I could not find system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now