Hi need opinions on this set up and if it is good.

Svengal 05:57 09 Mar 10

I was just flicking though a catalog for my local electronics store and saw a laptop that looks to be what im after, Im looking for a laptop that can play the latest games, not on max detail or anything but able to play them smoothly enough. This is what the add says:
Toshiba
15.6"
Intel Core i3-330M 2.13GHz
4GB RAM 500GB HDD
DVD Burner
1GB ATI M96 PRO GRAPHICS
And it is running windows 7.
Is this going to be okay for games such as Mass Effect 2, COD 4 MW2 and games that are soon to come?
Thank you for any input.

Regards

Svengal.

Legolas 13:34 09 Mar 10

It looks OK but I would look at the min and max specs of the games you are thinking of playing on this system and compare them to the specs of the system. As for future game releases well that's a bit of a lottery everything in the world of gaming and IT move at a fairly brisk pace.

GaT7 15:46 09 Mar 10

For demanding 3D games, the graphics card needs to be a fairly good one - even for playing on medium settings.

I'm not familiar with the graphics on this - perhaps it's a Mobility Radeon HD 4650? If yes, then it's not bad. How much will you be paying for this laptop?

Here are links to most laptops GPUs with benchmarks, etc that should give you a fairly good idea about their gamiing ability: click here, click here & click here.

Never buy a graphics card (for a desktop/laptop) based on the amount of memory it has. Its chip & type of RAM (DDR, DDR3, etc) is a lot more important. Chips are in the above links. Concerning the type, DDR is the lowest & DDR5 is the highest. G

GaT7 15:51 09 Mar 10

When I say 'it's not bad', it's not bad for laptop graphics. It comes in at number 49 in the lists. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…