hi just got 2nd hand pc got a prob please help

frankie 20:53 06 Aug 08

its vista home premium,but its the 64bit one,thats what has thrown me,proper vista disc all validated just done all the updates,by the way i did clean install,got it up and running but had few crashes which i never had with the 32 bit one i done,main prob now is yellow exclamation mark showing on dvd ,hl-dt-st dvd-ram gsa-hssl ata device,thats what device manager shows,think its lg drive but cant find driver for it,the mother board i think is a p5vd2-vm se.bought this pc of a dabbler,with no info or manual,can get on net ok,but not used to the 64bit enviromental part,any help appreciated,thanks

woodchip 20:56 06 Aug 08

Looks like the Drive is not Compatible with Vista 64

woodchip 20:57 06 Aug 08

What I cannot understand is why its loaded using the drive

frankie 21:03 06 Aug 08

thanks for looking,pc is as came from pc specalist,so all was working,reload done and drive works fine,what concerns me is the yellow exclamation mark and why cheers

woodchip 21:07 06 Aug 08

It will be the 64bit drives not fully supporting the drive. These are loaded by Windows

frankie 21:11 06 Aug 08

super multi,lg,lightscribe,securdisc

frankie 21:12 06 Aug 08

then if it was sold by pc specalist therby working with 64bit?why on new install the yellow marks?thanks for looking

woodchip 21:16 06 Aug 08

Its windows way of telling you that drivers are not loaded or there is something wrong with them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…