Hi-Jacked or not?

sharpe 17:46 11 May 05

Use/Browse ebay daily and have just noticed that I am redirected to page that requires me to sign in (using user name and password) I have never noticed this before on ebay, I have always been able to browse without signing in and only had to do so to either put an item on watch or to bid for an item.

The following happens....

1) Bring up the click here page
2) Go to the left and Favourite Categories and
then click Computing
3) I am redirected and the register/sign on
page appears.

If somebody is watching/hijacking my comp this could give them my ebay password and username.

Am I being paranoid, I have asked ebay but they are very slow to respond.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:51 11 May 05

click here is the page that you should get.

G

sharpe 17:55 11 May 05

Hi Gandalf,

I have viewed the computing page before that you linked too but its the fact that its asking me to sign in before it will allow me to see that page.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:00 11 May 05

Have you tried running MS Antispy from....click here..

G

sharpe 19:06 11 May 05

Hello again Gandalf

Have downloaded suggestion, run it and it came up with nothing but that doesn't explain why I have to sign in to browse computing on ebay.

joseph K 19:16 11 May 05

Are you certain that sign/in out is an instruction and not merely an invitation? I have just tried your link and simply ignored sign in/ out and everything worked fine.

sharpe 13:24 12 May 05

have run spybot again and it seems to have resolved the problem so it must have been a piece of "spyware" but why spybot didn't pick it up first time I am not sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…