hi-jacked homepage and toolbar

hvs 08:23 13 Aug 04

Hi VoG,
Thanks for your reply. Firstly before I post any log my question is, should I have carried out the safe mode adaware scan on all users to remove the culprit? I only did it on my user and I thought that if a scan was done it would have scanned the entire pc and not just one user. My ops is XP home on this pc. My other pc has XP pro and has the same hijacked home page and toolbar. I have downloaded and installed Adaware SE according to instructions for all users. I have checked my son's user and the toolbar etc is still there!!!! I have read numerous postings and it seems that many people have the same problem.I do try and find a solution to my pc problems first by reading other solutions and in many cases it works but this time I just cannot seem to solve the issue.
Your reply would be very much appreciated.

VoG II 15:20 13 Aug 04

I would run Ad-aware in Safe Mode from each user account. If still no joy, please post a HJT log.

hvs 10:47 14 Aug 04

Hi VoG, thanks for the reply. I will do what you suggest asap make take a while a bit busy at this point being the weekend. Will get back to you soonest.

hvs 08:43 02 Sep 04

Hi Vog,
Which is the best way to post this log? It exceeds the word limit.

VoG II 08:46 02 Sep 04

You need to post it in about 3 or 4 "chunks" to comply with the 800 word limit on individual posts.

VoG II 08:49 02 Sep 04

You need to post it in about 3 or 4 "chunks" to comply with the 800 word limit on individual posts.

Nellie2 08:56 02 Sep 04

Your question about the different users... stick to one user for now. Get that one clean then we may need to do the others.. one at a time :(

hvs 13:32 02 Sep 04

Hi VoG,
Will do, but will have to wait until tomorrow to post log, unfortuantely just busy with sorting out uni for my son.

hvs 14:05 02 Sep 04

Hi VoG,
I have tried twice to post my log but each time I click on post response I am swirched to a different page giving me an error message!

Nellie2 19:04 02 Sep 04

I'm afraid VoG has gone away for a few days... but there is an 800 word limit to posts here so you will have to post your log in chunks.

If you could double space it then that would make it easier to read!! :)

VoG II 21:04 03 Sep 04

Select a screen of yout HJT log and post it. Then the next screen and so on until you reach the end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…