Hi-Jack This

Sparky3327 09:01 02 Nov 06

After I've deleted/fixed some values following a HJT scan, they re-appear immediately.
Why won't they disappear?
They are remnants of a McAfee installation and I'm sure they're interfering with my browser.

Cheers,

Grezza.

rawprawn 09:53 02 Nov 06

Turn system restoe off, delete them and turn system restore back on. (You will lose all previous restore points)

mobileman1953 09:55 02 Nov 06

click here go to site link and join for free post your log there for expert advice

Sparky3327 18:02 02 Nov 06

rawprawn - tried that but it didn't work.

I'll have to go for mobileman's advice and post elsewhere.

Thanks to you both for your help.

Grezza.

skidzy 18:28 02 Nov 06

Grezza,please beware HJT is a very powerful tool and should not be messed with unless you are absolutely positive you know what you are deleting.

Ive seen pc's needing a recovery after some have messed with the scan results.

mobileman1953 advice is sound and totally recommend you follow it.Do not keep running HJT and turning off system restore (maybe to late) let the experts at Malware Removal advise you of the correct procedure needed.You may have have to wait a little while as im sure they will be busy,but will get back to you.

This is only advice,as ive seen this tool in action and can do a lot of damage in the wrong hands.

Couple of links that may help you with the removal of Mcafee,its best removed in the correct order:

click here
click here
click here

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now