Hi Fi vs PC

fishstik 21:23 28 Apr 05

Being new to this forum, It is possible that this subject has been discussed.
I am considering ditching my Hi Fi and installing a good sound unit and speakers to my PC.
What are the Pros and Cons. ????

Arthur Scrimshaw 12:41 29 Apr 05

forum as it is really about what to buy?

I would say the answer depends on several things, including how good your current hi fi is, and how fussy you are!
I don't think many people would argue (wait for it!) that a good hi fi isn't a better choice for listening to music than a pc, but there are other factors like convienience, flexibility and cost to take into account. It depends what is most important to you.

I

wags 13:47 29 Apr 05

If you are serious about music then a good separates Hi-fi system will be better in terms of sound quality than a PC. Also far more expensive, I might add.

Hving said that, even on-board sound produces acceptable music if used with a reasonable speaker set-up. I have a good quality Hi-fi in the living room but also use the PC for 'sounds' in the study.

As Arthur Scrimshaw states, it also depends on what other factors are of importance to you, such as space, cost etc...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…