Hi

chaztait 15:54 28 Nov 04

Hi i have 2 hardrives C and D how do i take memory from one and put it in the other?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:01 28 Nov 04

Software available like click here

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:11 28 Nov 04

!! If you search google you will see lots of information and advice that you should use professional software to safely resize partitions. Don't know how true this is and perhaps others here can give further comment for you. There is a Partition Resizer that I believe is free at click here but please heed above unless you get the nod from others on the forum.

rawprawn 16:37 28 Nov 04

When you say "Memory" do you mean the operating system or just files? Acronis True Image will clone drives for you click here

Forum Editor 16:53 28 Nov 04

in the accepted sense of the word chaztait, they are storage devices and contain files. I suspect what you mean is that you have one hard drive that's divided into two partitions. Windows refers to these partitions as drives, and labels them accordingly.

By default the operating system (and all other software) will install itself in the 'C' drive, and Windows will want you to store all your data files there as well - in the 'My documents' folder. After a while the C drive starts to fill up, and you're left with a 'D' drive that's empty. It's tempting to increase the size of the C partition and decrease the D drive, and that's why JaßîsFaß posted the link to PartitionMagic - it does the job for you.

ACOLYTE 16:56 28 Nov 04

Or increase the virtual memory/swop file size could mean that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…