//some 3rd party need geo

HHD install Primary or Secondary?

L@@K @ ME! 16:36 31 Aug 03

Okay...Ive just bought a 80 gig HDD ,before i install it,heres a few Questions.
Should i make it a Primary slave or Secondary master.....I need the best performance(for audio writing)?
Will i need to move CD-W?

I am using an XP dual boot machine 80 gig(split 40\40),is there any way i can boot up either OS so they are blind to each other and their new back up drives(split 40\40 again)..like eg
_____.||______
C:\...||D:\...
E:\...||F:\...
______||______
.||

L@@K @ ME! 16:39 31 Aug 03

OOPS the lines have shifted!...Stack the E:\ under the C:\

Joe McG 16:43 31 Aug 03

Go with the faster drive as the master.

As to how to split them, it all depends on what O's you are dual booting with XP.

If it is 2000, there is no reason to blind them from each other, or if it is 95,98 or ME, then these O's would not be able to see the XP system anyway. (assuming it is NTF)

L@@K @ ME! 17:02 31 Aug 03

No NO, You misunderstand me, both drives are the same speed and size and its a XP\XP dual boot.I want to know which IEDE channel to put the second HDD on

Should i make it a Primary slave or Secondary master?

I would like to blind the OS's and their relevant back up drives to stop confusion.

pj123 17:14 31 Aug 03

CD-RWs always like to be the Master. So you have two options: Primary Slave or Secondary Slave.

L@@K @ ME! 17:24 31 Aug 03

Cheers pj123, thats why i asked about the CD-W...I'd heard that it would lower performance maybe if i had to move it off the Secondary master

If i made the HHD a Secondary slave would it lower or raise the performance any?...thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…