hhctrl.ocx cannot be found

mco 17:37 21 Jun 05

apologies - this is part of an ongoing problem trying to solve mate's wifi laptop connection which failed one morning when he switched it on ALONGSIDE..this error message which appeared : the application (power2go) cannot be started because hhctrl.ocx cannot be found
I have downloaded to my laptop and re-installed this file on his - or thought I had! - but the error message still comes up - and still no internet, whether or not that's linked to prob. It also says there are 5 of these hhctrl.ocx files in his laptop already when I do a search.

Dorsai 19:40 21 Jun 05

Power2go is somthing to do with dvd/cd burning. Does the PC actually have a dvd and/or cd burner?

If not, uninstall power2go.

If it does, all I can suggest is to uninstall power2go, reboot the PC, and re-install it. Hopefully this will re-install the hhctrl.ocx file, in the right place, and the right version.

mco 00:14 22 Jun 05

yes, the laptop does have a dvd burner - don't know if mates ever used it or not, but certainly it appeared to be correctly installed until this error message. will try uninstall and reinstall thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…