Hey VoG or MAJ - Excel question

cherria 10:27 13 Mar 03

Have you ever noticed that when you try to paste a wide excel sheet into Powerpoint it gets cut off. There seems to be a maximum width that you can cut from excel and paste into Powerpoint. Its not in number of columns so must be in pixels.

I've been fighting this for years, so wondered, have you ever come across this and is there a way around it?

MAJ 10:48 13 Mar 03

Haahahaha, sorry cherria, I know very little about Excel, beyond the most simplest of things, I can bumble my way through most things I do in it, but VOG™ is my saviour. He's your main man for all things Excel. If I remember correctly, you and, there are a few other members whose names escape me at the moment, are definitely no slouches when it comes to the intricasies of Excel.

MAJ 11:16 13 Mar 03

I've been searching around trying to find you some sort of answer, cherria. The problem seems to be known by Microsoft and all they give is a workaround at this link click here and for the Office XP version click here Not much help, I'm afraid, cherria, as you probably know all that already.

cherria 11:30 13 Mar 03

Hi

thanks, it was your expertise with the MS knowledgebase that made me think of you. I guess this confirms that it is a known problem. I wonder why they have not fixed it under Windows XP and Office XP?

I guess I'll have to continue with my workarounds. Ho Hum!

Taran 12:01 13 Mar 03

Are you pasting directly or inserting the offending data as an Excel object ?

cherria 12:10 13 Mar 03

Actually, either method causes the same problem I think.

VoG™ 12:58 13 Mar 03

I don't have a solution unfortunately.

What I have done as a workaround is to paste into Word first then cut the resulting table from Word and paste into Powerpoint.

Fortunately I don't have to do this very often.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…