Hewlett Packard laptop

Dirty Dick 22:34 13 Feb 05

Whilst in New York in July 2004, I bought a HP Pavillion zv5000 laptop. It has now developed a problem with th AC Mains connector and does not always connect, or chsrge, without problems. Will this machine be covererd by warranty in the UK?I it is, does anybody know any contact points for HP

Thanks

DD

toni b 22:58 13 Feb 05

Was the power adapter 110 -240v adapter? I dont think the warranty is international with HP ,they usually state if it is ,as this is a good selling point for the manufacturers products,you will have to look at the documentaion that came with laptop.My Hp Laptop is from the states and I belive warranty is valid only for US.

hugh-265156 22:58 13 Feb 05

not sure sorry. have you e-mailed them? click here

toni b 22:59 13 Feb 05
  toni b 23:28 13 Feb 05
  Dirty Dick 13:52 14 Feb 05

I sent an e-mail to HP. Here is part of their response ....By this the Notebook will be picked up from your place anywhere in United States and then shipped back to you after it is repaired. Since you are outside United States, we will be not be able to setup the mail in service over there .... I then rang HP in the UK. They said this was correct, to send it to the US !!. I challenged their GLOBAL warranty and they checked and siad they would pick it up from my home.
Thanks to all who helped (though a trip to New York sounded ok !!!)

toni b 15:12 14 Feb 05

Well done for challenging them!

Dirty Dick 12:32 04 Mar 05

The Laptop was picked up on a Monday at 4-00pm by UPS.They actually packed it my home. It was returned at 11-00am on a Thursday. A new motherboard has been fitted. Very good service BUT ONL AFTER I CHALLENGED HEWLETT PACKARD ON TS "GLOBAL" WARRANTY.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…