Hewlett packard 8766c - clean install of win xp

Nipsen 2 11:15 15 Feb 05

computer speed 900 mgh. Memory 128 mb ram. 40 gb hard drive.Present operating system win ME. (lots of general problems at present,nothing really serious)It is my daughter's system, who lives in U.S. I will be going out to see Her shortly & she has asked if I could put Win XP on for her. I have done this before on My own pc using Paul Thurrott,s clean install method, & everything went O.K. :: According to the HP website click here& I should be able to do it as an upgrade, but I would prefer to get rid of all the junk on Her computer. I Would be grateful of any suggestions. Nipsen

VoG II 11:17 15 Feb 05
  Nipsen 2 11:59 15 Feb 05

VoG™

Thanks for your quick response. Are you suggesting an upgrade instead of a clean install ? Nipsen.

VoG II 12:04 15 Feb 05

It really is up to you.

Personally I upgraded from ME to XP with no problems. However "the purists" would say that a clean install is better.

Nipsen 2 12:22 15 Feb 05

VoG™

I think I will have to see how much "junk" She has on her system before I make a decision on which way to go. I will be doubling the memory to 256 MB RAM. hoping that will help. Maybe She needs a new base unit (the one she has could be a bit long in the tooth, like me !)Thanks again Nipsen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…