Heres the Security Programmes I Decided On

hawthorn59 17:58 15 Jan 07

In various posts over the last few weeks I racked your brains, and thanks to everyone for their help!
Heres what I have now for my laptop:

Avast Anti Virus
Comodo Firewall
Ad-Aware
Spybot Search and destroy
Hijack This
AFT Cleaner
Mailwasher

I find avast and comodo very good, and have no problems with email like I had with BitDefender.

Do I need SpywareBlaster?

Also Mailwasher free version only handles 1 email account, is there any alternative?

Thnx

h

surfmonkey #:@}© 18:01 15 Jan 07

spywareblaster is good to have it will Prevent the installation of spyware and other potentially unwanted software
just download it update it exit it let it do its thing

VoG II 18:02 15 Jan 07

Mailwasher free with unlimited e-mail accounts click here

Yes Spywareblaster is good. You don't have to have it running all the time - just run it and update it every couple of weeks.

HJT is a diagnostic tool and won't actually give any protection.

rawprawn 18:17 15 Jan 07

click here
I have uninstalled some other programs in favour of this real time scanning freeware. It gets top marks from me.

hawthorn59 04:04 16 Jan 07

That link is to the same Mailwasher I had installed, when i try to add accounts it wont let me, it only allows one.

h

Andsome 08:28 16 Jan 07

Unless you know exactly what you are doing, under NO circumstance should you use Hijack This. If you get a problem on the computer, then download the program and do a scan only. Post the scan on one of the many anti Malware sites and let an expert advise you. DO NOT TAKE ACTION UNADVISED.

Meshuga 13:09 16 Jan 07

Try ePrompter instead of mailwasher. You can have multiple email accounts and its free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…