Heres a Puzzler

tullie 16:06 17 Nov 10

At random times a music clip will play on my Vista PC,sometimes including voices.This only lasts for two or three seconds.Im bamboozled with this one,any thoughts?

johnnyrocker 16:08 17 Nov 10

mailwasher?

johnny

tullie 16:09 17 Nov 10

I dont use mailwasher

johnnyrocker 16:10 17 Nov 10

ok thinking cap time lol

johnny

tullie 16:26 17 Nov 10

No,any site,or not necessarly a site,sometimes when windows has just loaded

tullie 17:35 17 Nov 10

Just a thought chaps,i tried Incredimail a couple of weeks ago,then uninstalled it,possibly remanants of this?

Taff™ 17:49 17 Nov 10

Do you have externally wired speakers? If so could it be picking up a radio station or is it the same piece of playback every time?

tullie 17:59 17 Nov 10

Have got external speakers,but doesent sound like radio,more of a cartoon type of sound.

GaT7 18:37 17 Nov 10

You can record the sound - with Vista's own recorder click here or Audacity click here perhaps.

Then host it at a free sound-hosting site like click here or click here, & send us the links for us to have a listen.

To keep the file size small, record in MP3 format if possible, or convert the wav output to MP3 before hosting it.

Hopefully, the least we'll be able to confirm is that they are not emanating from inside your own head or other external source! G

tullie 18:43 17 Nov 10

Thanks Crossboww...i think!Unfortunately i never know when the sounds start,might be in five minutes or a couple of hours.My wife says that maybe i should take more water with it.

GaT7 19:02 17 Nov 10

Then you'll have to record for the full duration &, before hosting, edit the resultant file in Audacity to keep the sounds only.

Taking more water with it may help as well - if anybody, the wife should know! G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced