"Here's another fine MESH"

arricarry 20:09 12 Feb 04

Hello - I ordered a new system from MESH a few weeks ago, got a delivery date for 10/02/04.
I was contacted on 05/02/04 and informed that they (Mesh) had been let down by the supplier of my monitor of choice and none would be available until 17/02/04. I was offered a free upgrade? from an IIyama prolite 481S to a Sharp LL-T19D1-B.
I said I would wait for the IIyama. This morning 12/02/04 the whole system arrived with a Sharp monitor, luckily I was there to receive it. The question is, does anyone have any experience of either of these monitors, I would like to stay with the IIyama, but could be persuaded to keep the Sharp if any positive feedback turns up.
Having dealt with Multivision and Panrix in another life the words of "suppliers" and "let down" struck a spooky note.

clayton 20:20 12 Feb 04

found a review

click here

rickf 20:23 12 Feb 04

You "upgrade" presumably this means a better spec'd monitor.If that is the case then its more than fair no?

romanab 20:26 12 Feb 04

I have a sharp LL-T17D4 and am very pleased with it.It has a great picture and has had good reviews

Pesala 20:32 12 Feb 04

From the specs. The Sharp's review is not exactly a glowing tribute. If the Iiyama is out of stock it sounds like it is much in demand. Pricing of the Sharp monitor seems slightly higher, but as the review shows that doesn't necessarily mean better quality than other models at lower prices.

Since you have paid so much, I would say it was worth the hassle of insisting on the model you ordered. Ask for it to be swapped as soon as the Iiyama monitor becomes available.

Their offer is fair enough, but I wouldn't feel obliged to accept it.

arricarry 20:54 12 Feb 04

Thanks folks, as I said I was leaning heavily towards the IIyama. My son has a LL-T17D3 an it looks good, but some models are better than others from the same makers I suppose.

MESH Support 09:47 13 Feb 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…