Here is how to go straight to login with your details already filled in

lotvic 12:19 14 Jul 12
Answered

To go straight to login with your details already filled in so all you have to do is click 'Login' and then Helproom will open.

Before you click on Login, save the url in Favourites, Bookmark. Or as well you can rightclick on Desktop > New > Create Shortcut and paste it in and give it a name.

www.pcadvisor.co.uk/account/login/index.cfm?action=login&email=TESTatTEST.TEST&password=TEST&originurl=%2Fforums%2Findex.cfm%3Faction%3Dshowforum%26forumid%3D1

TESTatTEST.TEST is the email address you submitted to join. and the next TEST is your password you use to log in.

The '1' at the very end of this URL - yes, the bit after %3D - specifies the forum. (all you have to do is hover mouse over links on page and look in status bar at bottom for the numbers)

1 Helproom. 29 W8. 28 W7. 23 Windows Vista. 2 Consumerwatch. 18 Networking. 21 Digital Home. 24 Mobile Phone. 26 Games. 25 Business. 20 Beginners. 16 Speakers' Corner. 13 Webdesign. 27 Beta Testing.

KRONOS the First 12:26 14 Jul 12

I think Roboform works for me.

Nontek 12:43 14 Jul 12

My details are always correctly filled in, all I have to do is click on Login, then on Login again to get into the forums.

lotvic 12:56 14 Jul 12
Answer

That's ok then, just thought some might find it useful.

QuizMan 11:14 15 Jul 12

Lotvic - thank you, I found workaround very helpful.

robin_x 12:01 15 Jul 12

Thanks Lotvic. I always used to Auto login before the site was updated. Then that stopped working.

After a while, I noticed I stayed logged on permanently anyway. But I have a vague memory of others saying not.

Anyway, glad the 'mechanism' is now available again.

Last few days(?), I have not been staying logged in permanently overnight. Presumably connected with the other changes that have been made.

Diemmess 12:23 15 Jul 12

^

lotvic 15:44 16 Jul 12

If you find that instead of getting Login page, you get your Profile and it looks as if the only button you can press is SUBMIT. DON'T press SUBMIT

It means that you are already logged in (don't ask why..) so just click on the Forum heading you want to go to.

john bunyan 15:47 16 Jul 12

See other thread. For me, IE9, all is back to normal as before. Remembers password and keeps logged in after visiting other sites. No changes to My DNT+ and other anti tracking add ons.

Nontek 15:50 16 Jul 12

Yep, log-in appears to be working correctly now! Hope it lasts.

lotvic 16:10 16 Jul 12

Thanks, I'll try my usual Bookmark, if it's back to normal I'll be logged in already. That's prob why I've been getting my profile displayed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…