Here again re Registry cleaners

Damarc 09:40 15 Oct 08

I was having problems with a newly purchased webcam to work with my newly purchased subscription to skype. Webcam off Ebay! Previous to installing webcam I was merrily chatting on skype and had used up 1.75 of my 10.00 credit. Then on installing of webcam everything fell apart. I went onto the skype forum and some kind person, like you lot:-)), told me to clear skype and to finalise the clearance by downloading RegSeeker and finding all the skype files and deleting them. Everything is sorted now. Still didn't work, got refund from skype. However I thought that it might be a good idea to clean up the registry but it does warn me that I might inadvertently delete files that are really needed. I think the webcam software downloaded a trojan thingy cos when I scanned with Norton this came up. Previously I'd been unable to get into IE at about the same time that I'd had trouble with skype. That doesn't really matter cos I use Firefox which was unaffected but it made me think that there may be other files that need cleaning. I wouldn't know these so should I leave well alone and tidy up in some fool proof way?

Andsome 09:53 15 Oct 08

I have never had any problems with C Cleaner, but have had problems with other registry cleaners in the past. The only thing to remember with C Cleaner is before running it to save all your log ons in Options/Cookies in the program. It is self explanatory, and will save you logging on every visit to this place and other forums. One other thing is to agree to the back up option before deleting issues. This is purely a safety measure, and one that I have never had to fall back on. When installing either look for the lite version, or untick Google tool bar option.

click here

T I M B O 10:01 15 Oct 08

I use ccleaner every day on all 3 of my computers & i just delete everything it finds, i personally think it's a safe programme to use, i would recommend to anybody. Firefox is prolly one of the best browsers at this moment, good choice, check for the latest version 3.03.

Best of luck.............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…