Hercules webcam frame rate

tallboy 20:21 05 Dec 08

Follwing the glowing report on the Hercules webcam in a recent copy of PC Advisor, I purchased one for my Mesh AMD 1.41GHz Athlon PC, with a view to using either Skype or SightSpeed to communicate with other members of our family.

It matters not whether it is plugged into a USB 2.0 or a USB 1.0 socket, it exhibits a VERY slow & sluggish response to movement - even if all other applications (apart from Kaspersky AV) are terminated.

If I plug it into a USB 1.0 socket on my wife's older (and slower) Dell computer which has a Pentium III chip, it works fine!

I'd like to get the same speed of response on my 6-year old Mesh Athlon and would welcome any ideas how I might achieve this.

Thanks

Technotiger 20:26 05 Dec 08

Perhaps you need to update the camera's Drivers ... click here see the Download on the left-hand side of page.

tallboy 18:22 07 Dec 08

Thanks for the link Technotiger. I have downloaded & applied the latest drivers. The camera frame rate is now slightly better on the Mesh PC but not as good as when it is on the older Dell PC using the original drivers.

Also the movement tracking is better in the mini screen of the Hercules software than it is in the minin screen of SightSpeed. (In the latter case hand movement causes some blurring which is not noticable on the Hercules mini-screen running alongside it.)

If you (or any other reader)have any more suggestions, I'd be more than pleased to try them.

Thanks

Tallboy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…