Help!Virus found by AntiVirus but not VirusRemoval

silklink2 10:13 26 Nov 06

My AVAST! AntiVirus detected several different viruses in my computer, the "Win32.Mydoom-M", the "Netsky-AF", "Sober-AB" and "Sober-AB2".

They seem to be located in the Outlook Folder as my anti-virus showed they were in the following areas:

C:\Documents and Settings\silklink\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook\Outlook.pst\Personal Folder\Top of Personal

and

C:\Documents and Settings\silklink\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook\Outlook.pst\Personal Folder\Search

However, when I downloaded and used the free Avast! removal tool, it scanned my computer and could not find the viruses.

I also downloaded the free Symantec removal tools (each group of virus has its own removal tools provided by Symantec), the removal tools scanned my PC and could not find the viruses either.

I made sure that I have switched off my System Restore, my resident Anti-Virus program, and of course,
disconnected myself from the internet. But still the problem persisted and the removal tools could not find these viruses.

I switched on my Avast! Antivirus and scanned my PC again and those virus ,according to it, they are still there!

Can you advise me how I can get rid of these viruses please? I use Windows XP and have my firewall on as well as use SuperAntiSpyware. My resident antivirus program, as I had mentioned, is Avast!

Regards,
Jeffrey

SLAYER 11:07 26 Nov 06
  Belatucadrus 11:42 26 Nov 06

Try going through the avast! menu and select a "Schedule Boot-time Scan" then select "All local disks" and tick the "scan archive file" box. Click the schedule button, then restart the PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…