Help:video/picture editing packages

BFS575 21:57 20 Feb 05

Help, I am new to this. Could anyone suggest which is the best of the packages for a total novice to use for producing CD's/DVD's from VHS and scanned pictures. I want to be able to turn holiday VHS into DVD's.
What do I need to get the proccess started, I run a 1 Ghz 360 m ram Packard Bell Ixtreme.
Needs to be simple to use, straightforward point and click menus with little or no techno babble as most of the PC lingo is way over my head.

Demora 22:03 20 Feb 05

Just some straightfoward stuff is MovieMaker from Microsoft. Not the best but its with XP or download. and will give you a basic start. Nero 6 ReLoaded Not free but has wizzards,

I've used both and the results were fine. Also Adobe Premiere BUT its VERY expensive and too detailed

Technotiger 22:11 20 Feb 05

Hi, you will need a TV Card such as WinTV Go by
Hauppage, quite cheap to buy and easy to fit in pci slot. Add a good indoor TV Arial to it and connect a VCR to play and Capture your vhs footage. A good cd/dvd rw drive also essential of course.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…