Help!...synTPexe.....???? what does it all mean

know_nowt 21:04 05 Mar 09

hi guys! i am here again to pick your wonderful brains... i have comodo firewall, and every time i try and use the mouse pad scroll my laptop comodo pops up saying synTPexe... and everything freezes for about five mintues. what does this mean and what can i do???

MAJ 21:18 05 Mar 09

If you mean "syntpenh.exe" then that's Synaptics touchpad tray icon. If you mean anything else then run scans with your updated antimalware software. I recommend using Mbam click here and Superantispyware. click here they're both free.

Sea Urchin 21:22 05 Mar 09

I would agree with MAJ - it almost certainly looks like spyware

know_nowt 21:24 05 Mar 09

"SynTPHelper.exe is trying to access firefox.exe in memory" i have superantispyware :) will running a quick scan rectify it?

know_nowt 21:25 05 Mar 09

deep or quick? :)

MAJ 21:34 05 Mar 09

SynTPHelper.exe seems to be okay, know_nowt, it's probably trying to check for driver updates for your touchpad. If the touchpad is working okay, deny it access and tell Comodo to remember the setting, it shouldn't then try to connect again. To be safe, run a deep scan with both Mbam and SAS.

know_nowt 21:42 05 Mar 09

thanks Maj!! as soon as it comes up, i cant actually click on anything the mouse freezes completely it only unfreezes when the comodo pop up goes away. i'll try the deep scan and hope that sorts it out.. its doing my head in!! :) thanks for your help i'll try the scan now. Nat

know_nowt 22:27 05 Mar 09

i have run the scan and its still happening :( could someone tell me how i can block on the comodo pop up using the keyboard instead of the mouse...? as the keys are working, its only the mouse it freezes... any help much appreciated!

know_nowt 09:53 06 Mar 09

please...can anyone shed any light on this? :(

MAJ 12:08 06 Mar 09

Try uninstalling Comodo, know_nowt, see if the problem still occurs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now