HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPEEDING UP COMPUTER

crag2k5 17:56 04 Nov 05

i have a computer for a business. its has two user names one for the company and one for leisure. the company has over 400 lotus wordpro documents and the leisure one has mozilla firefox installed on it and a couple of ram optimizers but for some reason it has gotten really really slow nothing i do will quicken it up. its really frustrating can any1 help me plz before i take it into a repair shop.

User-312386 18:03 04 Nov 05

carry out a disc clean up and a defrag

Doire_Bhoy 18:07 04 Nov 05

Run ccleaner and also defrag the HD

007al 18:12 04 Nov 05

what have you donee so far to speed things up?

crag2k5 18:17 04 Nov 05

ive done a disc clean and defrag and cccleaner and 3 ram freeing software (i downloaded them of this site)

Wak 19:03 04 Nov 05

I recently downloaded a ram freeing software (MaxMem by AnalogX) and, whilst it did it's job OK, it also stopped the computer from closing down and switching off properly.
I also got the feeling that as it was always running in the back ground it must be using some Ram and CPU itself thus helping to slow the computer down slightly. It is now relegated to an icon on the desk top ready for use only when needed.
Crag2k5, have you checked in Msconfig lately to see what programs you have running all the time??
Some programs may be running un-necessarily and causing it to slow down.

crag2k5 19:06 04 Nov 05

ok thanx wak ill try that

woodchip 19:28 04 Nov 05

AS Wak

Go to Start\Run and type MSCONFIG press enter go to startup tab top right check box's to see what programs that do not need to start at boot. If you remove the tick it stops it starting at boot. You can restore the above after if you find you need it. DO NOT REMOVE AV or FIREWALL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…