HELP...Sony Camcorder driver problem

Fateful Shadow 22:23 23 Jul 03

As the title suggests, I've got a problem with my Sony Camcorder. (By the way I'm using ME at the moment.)

The computer has recognised the camcorder, but it says the driver isn't installed, but it is! Despite that, I reinstalled the driver with the camcorder out, shut down the computer, put the camcorder back in (via USB) and it still won't work!

The strange thing is that it has worked before! It can't be a virus because all my definitions are up-to-date.

I also use two other devices in the USB port...a 'cool-icam' and a flash USB drive. Would that affect it?

Gaz 25 23:17 23 Jul 03

Ummm, Drivers are installed, ME detects the camera and says it is not installed. Odd

Try this: click here

Fateful Shadow 11:27 24 Jul 03

Figured it out this morning while I was awake in bed.

I needed to delete what the computer thought was an "Unknown USB device" from the devices list, then I had to let ME recognise it when I plugged it in from a shut down. Straight away it recognised it as an imaging device, and the driver was correctly attributed to the product!

All works fine now, thanks for the idea Gaz25!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…