Helproom page something wrong

Quiet Life 15:22 12 Oct 09

I am running IE6 and recently the helproom pages move mometarily from side to side leaving a grey border. Other forum pages stay in the middle with a blue border.
Anybody else experiencing this ?

tullie 15:30 12 Oct 09

No

rawprawn 15:32 12 Oct 09

I don't think there is a problem with Helproom. Either try a repair click here
or upgrade to IE 7 or IE8.
Failing that try Firefox click here

Quiet Life 17:20 12 Oct 09

rawprawn
Had IE8 but it would not activate a button on a site to delete isurance. I thought it was a marketing ploy at first but it deleted OK on another machine using IE7. Tried Googlechrome but it would not play music on sites and even more problems than IE6 on this site.
Update to IE7 did not work after two attempts so back to IE6. Which works fine apart from the Helproom pages.
It is interesting that Newuser007 has the same problem.

rawprawn 17:36 12 Oct 09

Sorry apart from running sfc /scannow as suggested in my link to repair it, I can't suggest anything else except to try Firefox.
You do seem to be having an inordinate number of problems with different browsers, it make me wonder if there is some other underlying problem and again I would suggest a system file scan.

woodchip 20:34 12 Oct 09

Try Flock click here

Grey Goo 20:39 12 Oct 09

Mine is Grey too,don't jump around just grey instead of blue. Only the Help pages.

Grey Goo 21:10 12 Oct 09

Same on the Netbook complete with jumping, Odd

Quiet Life 21:52 12 Oct 09

It would seem that a page with links to
click here is running behind the Helproom pages. This is what produces the grey borders and in IE6 the movement. It does not affect any other pages.
In IE8 if you reduce the zoom (bottom right) you can see the page that is running.
It is a pcadvisor fault on their site.

Quiet Life 21:59 12 Oct 09

I have asked F.Editor to look at the problem.

Forum Editor 22:46 12 Oct 09

but on my machine it gives no trouble at all - either in IE 8, or Google Chrome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…