Helproom Forum Problem?

Press Man 12:53 08 Dec 05

Hi Guys,

Whilst I am logged onto the helproom forum I find that I have to keep "refreshing" to update the page, both in the "subjects for disscussion" and the responses page. Is it me, or has anyone else found this to be the case?

PaulB2005 12:53 08 Dec 05

What do you mean? You have to hit Refresh to see new threads / responses? That's normal.

Press Man 12:59 08 Dec 05

ok, if thats normal then its my lack of understanding. I thought that maybe the pages would have updated in "real time" as opposed to having to "refresh". Thanks.

PaulB2005 13:07 08 Dec 05

Nope. No real time update here....

Press Man 13:11 08 Dec 05

Do you think it could be made so? Would it be another "improvement" to the already good forum?

PaulB2005 13:13 08 Dec 05

Do you think it could be made so? Possible

Would it be another "improvement" to the already good forum?

I think it's do do with your PC rather than the forum. The forum would have to issue a refresh command to all the PCs every x seconds. It would make things slower so no.

Just hit F5 or download Firefox which i believe has an auto refresh built in.

Press Man 13:23 08 Dec 05

ok. Thanks, will now close.

VoG II 13:23 08 Dec 05

In IE, Tools|Internet Options, General tab, Settings button. Tick 'every visit to the page'.

rmcqua 13:25 08 Dec 05

No, I use Firefox and it doesn't auto refresh (or perhaps if it does, I don't have the auto-refresh feature enabled)

octal 13:25 08 Dec 05

As a matter of interest, I use the Opera browser and there is a facility to automatically refresh the page as often or as little as you like.

Chegs ®™ 13:52 08 Dec 05

Firefox has an extention downloadable to allow the browser to autoreload.Opera browser has had this feature since before v6,I usually use Avant which is another browser with autoreload ability inbuilt.

click here Firefox reload options.

click here Avant Browser

click here Opera Browser

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…