helproom forum how does this work

blackmountainbabe 16:31 02 Dec 04

explain to me how do i know when i get an answer from someone, if im not notified by email, i asked a question someone replied and i didnt know, till bout 20 mintues later,

Southernboy 16:38 02 Dec 04

Seems pretty fast to me.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:38 02 Dec 04

If you did not leave the tick in notify me of any replies when you first post a question, you can log in, click on View My Postings, click on the posted item and view all responses. Any threads you post yourself or you post responses to will be held in this link.

pj123 16:43 02 Dec 04

The default on the Forum is that if you post a thread you will get notified if anyone responds to it via your email (assuming you entered an email address when you registered) So you need to check your emails regularly.

If you do not want emails notifying you of responses then you will need to log in to the Forum regularly and check your "My Postings".

Most of the members (in fact I would say all of the members) leave it as the default and get emails of responses.

blackmountainbabe 16:45 02 Dec 04

it did it again, what i mean is im sitting here looking at my question after i posted it, waiting to see if the number beside my question changes to likeee.2 people have answered..u posted this at 16.38 and i realise ya did at 16.47..lol..how i found out cause i clicked on my own question and there 2 answers where there..ok i feel such a dimwit ..ill learn lol..thanks

blackmountainbabe 16:47 02 Dec 04

i get it now pj123 i see yurs ..know ty,,cheers

blackmountainbabe 16:50 02 Dec 04

jaBisfab ty also.

pj123 16:52 02 Dec 04

If you sit there looking at it nothing will happen. You have 2 options. 1. log out and log back in again or 2. press and hold Ctrl and press F5 and let go. That will update your page and you may find some answers.

CurlyWhirly 16:52 02 Dec 04

What I do is I alter my INTERNET OPTIONS > SETTINGS to 'check for newer versions of stored pages' to 'EVERY VIST TO THE PAGE' as previously it defaulted to 'AUTOMATICALLY' option.

Salinger 16:53 02 Dec 04

You also have to refresh the page if you are "sitting" on it.

ACOLYTE 17:12 02 Dec 04

LOL, i have to admit i had a little giggle to myself when i read this,but just hit F5 and the page will refresh,otherwise you will be sat staring for ever waiting for an answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…