helproom advertising ?

dagbladet 12:40 10 Sep 03

As I'm browsing the helproom today, some fairly innocuous words such as PC, or internet, or email, are under lined. If i place the cursor over them, some kind of pop-up opens to reveal an ad for a product or service related to that word. I've never noticed this before. Is is just me ?
Win 98, IE6, signed on with AOL6.

VoG II 12:43 10 Sep 03

"PC Advisor now highlights keywords selected by our advertisers, typically a vendor name, product or service. Keywords are underlined in green and are hyper-linked to the advertiser's site."

mark500 12:43 10 Sep 03

As written above your posting :->

PC Advisor now highlights keywords selected by our advertisers, typically a vendor name, product or service. Keywords are underlined in green and are hyper-linked to the advertiser's site.

anchor 12:43 10 Sep 03

No, its not just you. This was introduced by PCA some time ago as, I suspect, a means of subsiding the cost of running these forums.

yonex24562 12:44 10 Sep 03

It has been this way for a while now. Some of the links are useful and some are of no use to me. Cheers

-pops- 12:46 10 Sep 03

This function only operates in IE and its clones. If you find it disturbing, change your browser to Netscape or Opera.

mark500 12:48 10 Sep 03

Must remember to refresh before posting

Mango Grummit 12:52 10 Sep 03

As mark500 points out, the info regarding this is at the top of the page.

People read only what's of interest to them and this proves the point.

Unsolicited "Advisory" postings regarding back-ups, and the way to post a question etc. are not much help at all really because the folks they are aimed at will never read them resulting in quite longs threads from some regulars saying things like "good post" or "hear, hear" and so on.

dagbladet 12:53 10 Sep 03

woops, feeling stupid and getting my coat now folks

Mango Grummit 12:56 10 Sep 03

My post was not a pop at you dag.... everyone's the same and it's no problem anyway. No harm done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…