To the helproom

nutty norm 17:22 25 Jul 06

Try again, When trying to open panel to remove programs the Windows Explorer Keeps popping up Error report comes up to send to microsoft then when i click send, it says they (microsoft have discussed this problem with Symantec but have not come up with any solution, my icons all dissapear then come back,any solutions will be appreciated, Nutty Norm

p;3 18:31 25 Jul 06

which version of windows are you using?

Forum Editor 18:31 25 Jul 06

Please use a title that describes your problem, so people will have an idea about the thread content before they open it.

Something entitled "To the helproom" isn't going to attract many responses.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:52 25 Jul 06

Try

Start - run - type

sfc /scannow

press OK. Xp will scan for and replace missing / corrupt files and therefore should repair explorer.

You may be requre to put your XP CD in the drive.

nutty norm 23:43 25 Jul 06

try again, i am running windows XP 2.
When trying to remove program on control panel Windows Explorer pops up which i did not click on ,Anyway it says it has encountered a problem and will send to microsoft for a solution, microsoft say they have discussed the problem with Symantec and have not reech a conclusion,Also what happens is all my icons disappear, then they come back as if as though i had started up again its baffelling , Nutty norm

woodchip 23:48 25 Jul 06

Your Problem is Norton on your System

nutty norm 21:17 26 Jul 06

Fom nutty norm thanks for the Response, I Have tried to remove Norton components but they wont shift, i have given up on this.

nutty norm 21:20 26 Jul 06

Fom nutty norm thanks for the Response, I Have tried to remove Norton components but they wont shift, i have given up on this.Thanks to all concerned.

palinka 21:39 26 Jul 06

here is my standard method for removing programs (or bits of programs) that refuse to be removed.
Start>search>all file & folders. In the writable box type "Norton" (without quotation marks) then click find/search. Delete everything it finds - assuming you haven't got anything else on your pc with that name. You may have to delete them in a particualr order, but if so you'll find that by trial & error.

p;3 23:07 26 Jul 06

I suggest that really this matter is not resolved for the poster and wonder what other protection av programs may be on there?

phono 23:19 26 Jul 06

The Symantec website should have a program called rnav.exe which will get rid of any Norton components and registry entries which may have been left behind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now