Help....Printing problem !!

gibraltar1961 17:20 PM 12 Sep 11

Hi,i have a printing problem in as much as my laptop recognises that i have a printer but will not print. I have a message saying " print pending ". It can't be the printer as i bought another, installed it and the same happens. I've gone through any updates etc but no luck, any ideas ?? Regards Eric

Diemmess 17:48 PM 12 Sep 11

Two simple things to try first

Open Control panel and select printers and faxes

Select your printer and left click to show there are no prints pending. if there are, then cancel them

More important try right click on your printer and choose properties.

At the bottom there should be Print Test Page. OK this and it will prove the printer works. I had a brand new printer once which did absolutely nothing !!! Dead on Arrival.

Terry Brown 20:12 PM 12 Sep 11

If you have a print job 'Stuck in the system', turn off the printer , unplug the power and USB cables, wait a few minutes and reconnect, the print 'buffer' should now be clear.

Terry

Nontek 20:16 PM 12 Sep 11

If you have more than one Printer shown in Control Panel>Printers and Faxes, make sure that the printer you are trying to use is designated as the Default Printer.

gibraltar1961 20:51 PM 12 Sep 11

Hi, many thanks for all your suggestions, still no joy though. I've tried 3 different printers with no luck, my printer works on other computers so i know it's not the printer.

Woolwell 22:14 PM 12 Sep 11

I gather that a test print does not work. Is that correct? If it did not print did you follow Windows troubleshooting? What is the OS? Does the printer show as ready?

Diemmess 22:22 PM 12 Sep 11

Just possible the USB socket you are using on your computer is not working properly.

Try a different socket?

gibraltar1961 18:13 PM 14 Sep 11

Tried all the above tips and still nothing !! Regards Eric

Woolwell 18:32 PM 14 Sep 11

What is your OS? Possibly a print spooler problem.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites