helpppppppp me pleassseeeee

pinda 20:31 24 Jan 05

I put ma video camera on ma pc, into the fire wire port and every think went dead i have got a i -cute pc case the the fire wire port on top of it, and i have a giga byte k7 triton mother board. as i did tht i could smell burning now nothink on it pc wrks bt the think is the card readers lights comes on.... i dont kw wat to dooo, can i gt a new mother board cause it still under warrnety. pleasssse help me some 1.

Chezdez 20:35 24 Jan 05

first, take spelling lessons, please

by 'now nothink on it pc wrks', what doesn't work?

the entire machine (press on button, no reaction)?

or does it do the POST (power on self test), and then bleep?

does it get to windows and then crash?

also, where was the PC from?

more details please

JonnyTub 20:36 24 Jan 05

If the pc is under warranty SEND IT BACK, if it's just the mobo that's under warranty then you'll have to do a little detective work to find out which part has burnt out, i.e. psu, mobo, firewire card, etc, and then see if there were ant knock on effects of the blowout, or you could take it to your local pc repair shop.

Sans le Sou 20:38 24 Jan 05

Burning smells and a dead PC would suggest a call to the vendor to arrange a repair.

Technotiger 21:09 24 Jan 05

By e-mail -

could you help me please..

windows xp 512 ram 200gb hard drive 256 grahics card

Hi, please forgive us all for having a bit of a laugh at your expense, just being friendly really.
We really do want to help - but I would suggest that you ask the Forum Editor for a copy of the Guide to using the Forum - he will be happy to email you a copy.

Meanwhile - I would put your problem now down to one or maybe two things. Your PSU (Power Supply Unit) has died and needs replacement or/and your mobo has died too.

Good luck on getting it all working again, probably best to take it to your local friendly repair shop.

Chezdez 21:10 24 Jan 05

right, i think thats enough now guys and gals

now, provided we haven't scared this person off, maybe we can help them :P

pinda 21:15 24 Jan 05

thnx4 ur help....

its the 1st time im using this forum. ma pcu works i kw tht much bt 4get it i jus gna buy a new motherboard

Totally-braindead 21:18 24 Jan 05

Does your computer do anything when you try to switch it on? Do any of the lights go on? Do you hear the fans starting? Are there any beeps sounding? Please post back in the Forum so others can see your answer rather than emailing me.

Chezdez 21:19 24 Jan 05

you sure?

i'm sure we can solve this, and save you shelling out for a new motherboard

what exactly are the sypmtons? (assuming you wanna try and fix it)

stalion 21:19 24 Jan 05

this is a disgusting attack on a forum member and I think the F.E. will deal with it accordingly

Totally-braindead 21:21 24 Jan 05

pinda please don't use the text language or whatever it is your using it takes me ages to work out what you're actually saying. Your power supply works you say, is there any lights coming on? Are there any beeps?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…