//some 3rd party need geo

HELP!!....PC Wont Start After Installing 4G Of Ram

Zion_Lion 14:12 27 May 06

Hi all... I seem to have developed a major problem after installing more RAM. My System consists of XPPro sp2, Intel 3.8Ghz, Asus P5ND2-SLI DELUXE board, x2 G-force 7800GTX, Creative X-Fi sound card, 4G crucial Bolistix Dual DDr2 667, 250G Western Digital SATA2 HDD.
Now I have just installed An extra 2G of memory to take it up to 4G. Only thing is, the pc will only boot in safe mode, even after taking out the new pair. All memory the same make, type, speed.
The PC posts on boot up, but at the point just before Windows starts, I get a split second of a blue screen and into the safe mode options screen. I can see the memory in the Bios, and every thing looks ok in Device Manager. I have carried out a memory test with MemTest86, which brings up no errors.
So apart from flashing the bios or trying a windows repair I am at a loss. Any advise greatly appreciated… Thanks.

Regards ZL

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:19 27 May 06

Open System Properties via Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System
[ System Properties may also be opened using the WinKey+Pause key combination ]
Select the Advanced tab and then click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section
In System Failure section, clear the checkbox next to Automatically Restart
Click OK and OK to exit
Now you should be able to see the error message when windows crashes.
Post the message here for further help.

Zion_Lion 16:03 27 May 06

Hi Fruit Bat... Well things seem to have calmed down now thankfully, it's booted straight into windows. Windows must have been having a hissy fit because of the extra RAM.
Now I know about windows inability to recognise 4G, but mine's only showing 2.50G, I thought it should at least show 3G? Anyway, the Bios and CPU'Z are showing 4096MB so I suppose things are ok.
Thanks for your input anyway Fruit Bat.

Regards ZL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…