Help...PC keeps freezing up!

Anniemol 10:51 24 May 04

I put my PC on last night and for some unknown reason my PC keeps freezing up! It works OK for a start and I have mangaed to do a few emails etc....but then the screen and mouse freeze. I have downloaded the latest updates with both Norton Anti-virus (done a complete scan of my system...nothing showed up!) and it's also up to date with Microsoft...
I have used 'System Restore' and taken it back a few days but still the problem persists...
Is there a virus out there that I'm not aware of? I'd appreciate any help!

recap 11:28 24 May 04

If you have up-dated your virus software then it may not be a virus.

If you have installed new software and the freezing started after the install, then it may be the new software that is causing the problem?

johnnyrocker 11:30 24 May 04

i would think that would have been resolved with sys restore?? what antispyware/trojan software do you have (if any)?

johnny.

Anniemol 11:38 24 May 04

I haven't any antispyware/trojan software, but I do have a Actiontec DSL Router with a built in Firewall....i had to unistall my Norton Firewall as it won't work alonside the router, I have been assured by Actiontec that this is all I need....
Since my first message my PC has finally un-frooze it's self....it seems to do this from time to time but it works slower than normal. It's a newish PC and it doesn't have that much loaded on as I have only had time to put the 'priority' software on...
It's OS is XP Pro........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…