Help...PC keeps freezing up!

Anniemol 10:51 24 May 04

I put my PC on last night and for some unknown reason my PC keeps freezing up! It works OK for a start and I have mangaed to do a few emails etc....but then the screen and mouse freeze. I have downloaded the latest updates with both Norton Anti-virus (done a complete scan of my system...nothing showed up!) and it's also up to date with Microsoft...
I have used 'System Restore' and taken it back a few days but still the problem persists...
Is there a virus out there that I'm not aware of? I'd appreciate any help!

recap 11:28 24 May 04

If you have up-dated your virus software then it may not be a virus.

If you have installed new software and the freezing started after the install, then it may be the new software that is causing the problem?

johnnyrocker 11:30 24 May 04

i would think that would have been resolved with sys restore?? what antispyware/trojan software do you have (if any)?

johnny.

Anniemol 11:38 24 May 04

I haven't any antispyware/trojan software, but I do have a Actiontec DSL Router with a built in Firewall....i had to unistall my Norton Firewall as it won't work alonside the router, I have been assured by Actiontec that this is all I need....
Since my first message my PC has finally un-frooze it's self....it seems to do this from time to time but it works slower than normal. It's a newish PC and it doesn't have that much loaded on as I have only had time to put the 'priority' software on...
It's OS is XP Pro........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…