Help...Office 2003 has locked!

JonSon2 23:35 04 May 06

Hi guys,

Anyone got an idea why Office Word 2003 would lock-up? I keep getting this messgage: "This modification is not allowed as the document is locked"

I've had my comp since mid-October last year so I don't think it's because I have an Office trial version.

For a bit of background, I did a system restore back to the last time I created a .doc and word worked for about 30seconds before a lot of buzzing and hard drive action and then it locked again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Totally-braindead 23:37 04 May 06

Does this help click here

woodchip 23:38 04 May 06

They do put Office on a six month trial basis

Totally-braindead 23:55 04 May 06

I think you will find its because you have a trial version. You could try openoffice if you don't want to buy the full version of office and see if that does you click here

JonSon2 10:30 05 May 06

B*gger, I thought I had a full OEM verson as it came with all if the disks and docs etc...

Will have a check when I get home this evening

Gongoozler 10:34 05 May 06

If it's the document that's locked, try opening it and then saving it with a different name.

JonSon2 10:56 05 May 06

I don't think it's just the document, it's the whole Word programme.

Even when I create a new document, it's locked from the outset. I initially thought I'd picked up some virus which attacks word docs but now I'm not too sure as I have a fully updated version of Norton.

Belatucadrus 11:14 05 May 06

Have a close look at the disks, that should tell you if you have a full OEM or just a trial.

beynac 11:20 05 May 06

Have you "activated" Office? (Help menu and click on "Activate Product...").

JonSon2 09:16 06 May 06

OK, do I feel like an idiot or what?!

Apparently I have a 60 day trial version of Office 2003 and a full OEM version of Works 8.

One thing that is funny is that Office took so long to lock. As I mentioned before, I bought the comp back in October last year and it's taken this long to de-activate...must've meant 60 days of usage.

Thanks for all of your comments and help guys!!!

I'll definitely be checking out click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…