HELP!!....It keeps freezing

plroofing1 10:30 08 Feb 04

Just rebuild my kids PC.Silly move!.I changed mother board and CPU. MB is ASROCK K7S8X and the CPU is AMD Athlon 2000+XP. 512DDR ram and a new 40gig HD.
Right I loaded XP and all was well. So started to download all the updates etc. Then it started!
FREEZE UP TIME!.After god knows who many restarts and scans I got all the up dates except for SP1 and Media player9. SP1 gets to the point of almost being completely installed and then freezes. I tried it 3 times now and freezes everytime. Anyone got any ideas please!!

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:53 08 Feb 04

The pc freezes or the download ?,could be overheating,powersupply or just a bad conection to the download site.Also did u install the niche virus patch before going online as you will get this nearlly as soon as you dial up otherwise.

Regards.

plroofing1 10:55 08 Feb 04

The PC freezes and yes to the patch before going on line

coogs 11:04 08 Feb 04

are u using the mobo gchip or a g card if u r using the wrong one it may freeze had this problem before

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:08 08 Feb 04

Can u bring up the task manager ctrl/alt/delete
and see what program is not responding,may give you a clue as to the cause.

Regards.

coogs 11:08 08 Feb 04

is it a cracked version of xp i had this problem ages ago when i didn't have a legit copy

plroofing1 12:21 08 Feb 04

COOGS...am using a geforce graphics card.and the xp is a legit copy

ÑÌÇKÑÂMË...cant bring uo ctrl/alt/tab as nothing will respond.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:30 08 Feb 04

Sound like it could be the connections tray icon that locks it up ,usually happens on BB when the drivers are not installed right or they confliict.

Regards.

plroofing1 12:44 08 Feb 04

ÑÌÇKÑÂMË
not sure what you mean by that my friend. The Pc causing the prob is connected to BB via a home network...my own PC being the local connection (which works fine)...could you elaberate on what you ment by "connections tray icon" and what drivers I need to check.
Thanks for your on going help
Paul.

Rennaissance 13:13 08 Feb 04

sure cpu isnt overheating? check the temperature after a reboot in bios.

plroofing1 17:35 09 Feb 04

Thanks for all your help. Turns out it was a overheating prob.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…