help...format required ??

grantee37 22:46 18 Dec 06

ive just been passed a pc to give to my kids but i need to format the drive. Could someone please let me know the sequence, or where to get them.

Thanks

skidzy 22:48 18 Dec 06
  Technotiger 22:58 18 Dec 06

Hi, if it is not an XP drive click on Format My Harddrive, in blue letters on the right of the page.

click here

Cheers.

idle scrounger 23:20 18 Dec 06

Some of your links aint working in yer post.

skidzy 23:36 18 Dec 06

My apologies,the missing links where posted by ed-0 and have probably been deleted off the server now.

woodchip 23:42 18 Dec 06

This sounds like a old Fat32 WinME or Win98se. What discs did you get with the Computer? Did you get a Operating System Disc? If so what?

woodchip 23:46 19 Dec 06

You can get boot discs from click here

quote Your e-mail "didnt get any discs but copy of xp. ive tried to install but windows media player doesnt work, anything to do with audio or video is missing" You should be able to alter the BIOS so that you can use the Win XP cd to boot from, You can then format the drive with the CD and reinstall.

PS you do need the XP CD key for fresh install

mattyc_92 11:12 20 Dec 06

Use 'Magical Jelly Bean' (click here) to get the current 'Serial Number' used on the system (also known as a 'CD Key')
Then simply boot from your installation disc and follow the on-screen instructions to format and install Windows XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now