Help~Connecting different PC's to my Modem Router.

Big Big C 18:07 20 Feb 08

I have recently purchased a Philips CKA5720 Wireless Modem Router Starter Kit. I have it connected to my P4 PC (Win XP) via ethernet cable, and to my daughter's laptop PC (Vista) via her built in wireless capability.
All pretty much bog standard I would think?
What I would now like to do is to connect my old P3 PC (Win 98SE) downstairs to the internet also.
Is this possible? Bearing in mind the three different ages of the PC's and also the three different operating systems that they each run?
I wanted to ask for advice before spending lots of time laying cables etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

LastChip 20:40 20 Feb 08

Win98se supported a networking capability and your router couldn't care less which system is running.

Hucky 18:55 26 Feb 08

hi..i have a pc which connects 2 the net...and a router connected to that going to a second pc woth a cable for internet... however, whenever i turn of any of the pc`s i cannot get online again without re setting the rouer numerous times...it is a 11g wireless router and both pc`s are xp....thanx

Ashrich 19:31 26 Feb 08

Start a new thread with this question , answers will go to Big Big C , not to you ...

Ashley

Ashrich 19:36 26 Feb 08

Depending on the wireless security you use , you might have a few problems connecting . Windows 98se didn't have the capabilities to decode WPA encryption , and I doubt if a P111 , unless it is in the 900mhz or above with plenty of memory , would have the grunt either . Even Windows XP needed service pack 2 to get full , independent , WPA capabilities , so you may have to downgrade to WEP to get things going .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5