Help! Zone Alarm and downloading music

JaneAtt 18:11 11 Jan 05

I have been turning off Zone Alarm to download music as it won't let me download with it on.

When I do the computer appears to stop downloading music but seems to be downloading loads of stuff (the icon is blue). When I click on it, it is getting loads of bites but I don't know what it is.

What is going on?

Kate B 18:25 11 Jan 05

ooh, bad idea to go online without a firewall ... what you need to do is configure ZoneAlarm to allow your music downloading app of choice to connect to the internet and download.

Try turning it back on and then trying to download - what does it say? Presumably it gives you some options to configure the program's access.

In addition, I strongly suggest you update all your AV and anti-scumware definitions and do full system scans: you've almost certainly got some nasties from being out there without a prophylactic, so to speak. Run Stinger, as well, from here

click here

TBH1 20:56 11 Jan 05

Kate B - - nice analogy :-)

Kate B 16:16 14 Jan 05

TBH1 - thanks! it's a metaphor I use with people when I'm trying to urge them to use antiscumware and it ALWAYS gets people paying attention ...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:01 14 Jan 05

Thats extended my vocabulary.

Wonder how I bring that word into a conversation.

JaneAtt

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here
a2 click here
Spyware Sweeper click here
MSoftAntispy Beta click here
Anti Virus :-
Avast4 click here
Antivir click here
AVG antivirus click here
Microworld click here

Individual virus removers:_
Bitdefender click here
Stinger click here

Antivirus on line checks:-
Panda click here
Trend Online Check click here

JaneAtt 09:57 16 Jan 05

Right - taken your advice...but

When I do this nothing pops up to prompt me to configure Zone Alarm and the same thing is happening with it on so....

maybe it is nothing to do with Zone Alarm?

This doesn't seem to happen in any other program ie something being downloaded that I haven't prompted - have I got a virus do you think? Would a virus just inhabit one program?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now