Help with XP Remote Desktop Setup

webber_man 11:42 09 Dec 05

I am trying to test XP Remote Desktop on my home nextwork to make sure it works but i'm having problems.

I'm running XP Pro on a laptop that connects to the internet through a Netgear wireless router via my desktop running XP Home. It will be my laptop that i will want to connect to when away from home.

I have followed the instructions given here click here
and here click here
but no joy when trying to access the lasptop via my desktop.

I can connect to the intnet with my laptop ok and can share files with the desktop etc. but when trying to use Remote Desktop i get errors saying the remote computer is not available etc.

What have i missed out? I'm sure it may only be a small tweak here or there. Well.... i hope!

Thanks for any advice.

webber_man 13:48 09 Dec 05

Sussed it.

Because of the wireless router and the fact i connect to the internet on my laptop though the connection on my desktop i had to use the IP address i assigned to my laptop - which was 192.168.0.3 to gain access and use Remote Desktop.

It all works great.

However, can anyone please explain what information/IP address i will need to use when trying to connect from a completely unattached PC?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…