Help in WYX A virus remover.

Baslla321 14:27 23 Nov 04

I am trying to remove this virus from my Win 98 PC but I am stuck ! I downloaded SOLO of
click here
and to remove this virus it says ' Reboot machine with clean disk & run Solo again'.
What does it mean a clean disk? A floppy disk ? How do I reboot with clean disk? What disk?

Please help.

MichelleC 14:52 23 Nov 04

I suggest doing an online scan. Housecall will pick up and remove almost anything: click here

JIM 14:57 23 Nov 04

When a virus found in memory what to do

click here

The highlighted "Solo Emergency Scanner Bat File"
in the second method will open up a direct download file for the floppy.

Reboot the machine through Solo emergency disk and run Solo emergecny scanner. To create emergency disk, you have to follow the emegency disk creation procedure as mentioned above.

First method: Format an empty floppy disk with system files. This can be done by following this procedure. After inserting the new disk in the floppy drive type FORMAT A:\ /S. You should use this command in DOS prompt. It will format your floppy disk and also transfers the system files. Then use Create Emergency Disk tool [ Start -> Programs ->Solo Antivirus-> ] to create emergency disk. Boot the machine through this disk to remove all viruses.

Second method: Start your system using a Boot disk and run C:\WINDOWS\SOLOSCAN.BAT to call Solo emergency scanner. If you receive "Bad command or file name" message, download and save SOLOSCAN.BAT in C:\ from the link Solo Emergency Scanner Bat File. Then start the machine through the boot disk and run C:\SOLOSCAN.BAT to call Solo emergency scanner to remove viruses.

Baslla321 15:27 23 Nov 04

trying Housecall first. AVG cant take it off. TKS

ChrisRLG 16:05 23 Nov 04

If that does not work I would suggest a Hijackthis log at one of the main forums

List of forums etc click here from a-sap list.

I post at TomCoyotes and assuming you go to that site you wold need to do the following.

regester at click here

click the link in the email to activate your account

then get HJT from click here

unzip to its own folder, run it , scan - save log

copy and paste that log to
click here

Best of luck.

Proud member of ASAP click here since 2004

Baslla321 15:35 24 Nov 04

Panda online scan did the job nice and easy for me. They are the best !
Thanks all. Rgds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…