Help with WMA Files

Mr A! 10:49 25 Apr 05

Are WMA files smaller than MP3's?

Also, is it possible to include the song name and artist in a WMA file like an MP3 for use in an MP3 player?

Mr A! 11:45 25 Apr 05

Are WMA files smaller than MP3's?

Also, is it possible to include the song name and artist in a WMA file like an MP3 for use in an MP3 player?

johnnyrocker 12:20 25 Apr 05

infinitely bigger than MP3 you might be able to voice over while creating the files if that is what you mean?

johnny.

Praxis99 12:38 25 Apr 05

According to Microsoft on a pound for pound basis WMA offers better quality than MP3 at a given bit rate, this means that WMA files can be smaller than MP3 and have similar or better audio quality.

leo49 12:49 25 Apr 05

infinitely bigger ?

On the contrary - Convert mp3 to wma and the resulting wma file is just over half the size of the mp3.

dogbreath1 12:53 25 Apr 05

Typical bit rates:-
.mp3 = 128kB/s
.wma = 64kB/s
Also, at the above resolution, the .mp3 file definitely sounds better than the .wma equivalent.

Mr A! 15:44 25 Apr 05

What about tagging? Name, Album, etc

Rogerfredo 19:08 25 Apr 05

If you use Windows Media Player to rip your Cds to WMA, then the Artist, time, and track name are automatically saved.
I use a Creative Zen player for my WMAs and the sound is impressive, as well as taking less storage space than MP3. Incidentally, you can vary the bit rate in Windows Media Player as you require. I use a higher bit rate than that used by dogbreath1.

Pagets 18:16 13 Nov 05

If I download a .wma file from a cd, is there any way to convert to an .mp3 or .aac file to play as a ringtone on a mobile phone? Is this legal anyway, or am I totally in lala land??!!

I'm totally ignorant of this type of thing see...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…